Tuesday, July 07, 2015

New Challenge

 
Have you ever felt that you are so lazy and all you wanted to do was sit and be lazy, watch tv and play games on the computer?  Well that is how I have been feeling lately.  I look at all the new cross stitch designs out there and think this one and that one is pretty and maybe I would like to stitch it.  I buy it and then it sits in the sack or envelope or I may even start it, but then lose interest because I wonder where will I hang it or sit it when I'm finished.  I have been doing crafts of some kind as far back as I can remember, but I am at a stand still lately.  I used to feel excited when an idea hits me and I run with it.   Oh I do things around the house, I get in the kitchen and try out new recipes that I found on Pinterest, do housework etc but as far as my creativity, NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!!!!  I really miss that. 
 
 
Did you all have a good holiday on the 4th?  I am getting ready to have a rummage sale(what fun) this coming Saturday, so I spent the 4th digging through my crap  I mean treasures, making decisions as to whether I wanted to keep or sell, and if the answer was sell, how much would I put on it.  I now have a container with some cross stitch design books and one with some remnants of cross stitch fabric.  Along with 3 tubs full of books,( paperback and hardcovers) for sale.  The most satisfying to me are the 2 racks of clothes that are too big for me now and are still good clothes.  I went through my closets and tried on all the clothes and not only found many too big, but found some that I had held onto before I gained the weight that now fit.  So I have new clothes that were free and won't have to buy some for the summer.  Yay!!!!!  I am also selling some of my cross stitch that I no longer hang up or that I stitched for the shop as displays, but do not really fit into my house.  Some I left the frames on, but most I took out of the frames and am keeping the frame myself.  What doesn't sell will go to various local organizations as donations.  The cross stitch stash will probably go back into my cabinets, as a sign that maybe I shouldn't be selling it in the 1st place. LOL.
 
 
Below is a last project I finished stitching a couple of months ago.  It was my 1st Hardanger.  I practiced on a couple of small heart designs, then took a deep breath and got this from ebay and it was a fun stitch.  There is supposed to be a snowman charm in the middle but I kind of liked the snowflake that I found in my stash better. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Time to bring this to a close, hope it isn't as long between posts as it was this time, but until then
 
 
 
May Your Guardian Angel Watch Over You
 
Susieq  (68.8)


1 comment:

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on getting through so much and isn't it great to fit into old clothes that used to be too small!