Friday, February 06, 2015

This week has had it's ups and downs.  For those who have followed my blog, you may have recalled that I have mentioned "THE BOSS" my cat Jasper.  Well last year he wasn't eating very well and having other issues, so I took him to the vet like a good furbaby mom, and after running some bloodwork, which came back OK, she told me that the only think remaining was probably cancer.  He was 14 yr old at the time and I told her I wasn't going to put him through surgery or any treatments.  She told me that eventually he would get weaker and not be able to move, and that I would eventually have to let him go.  I brought him home and continued to feed him whatever he wanted to eat.  I even baked him chicken breasts.  Well to Weds. when I came home at lunch he was so weak he could hardly get up off the floor and when he did his hind legs were so wobbly, and he walked like he was drunk.  I called the vet and made an appointment, because I knew that it was time to let him go. 


This one was taken 2 years ago.

 
 
 
 
This next one was when he was 9 months old.
 
RIP Jasper 2000-2015


May Your Guardian Angel Watch Over You

susieq

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that. He was a beautiful little guy.
Cathy

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jasper. We lost our beloved dog last year after having him from 4 months to 13.5 years. It still hurts, but think of all the love you shared and it will eventually be a dull ache instead of the sharp pain it is now.

Franny said...

So sorry for your loss Susie, I had to put my baby down on Tuesday 9 Feb after 16 years. We got her when she was 3 months old. She had advanced diabetes and I didnt' want her to suffer.

Franny