Thursday, October 02, 2014

IT'S TIME TO START THE HOLIDAY DECORATING

First up is Halloween.  I didn't always decorate for Halloween, but I just can't resist these Halloween trees.  This large one was a purchase that the LNS had on display and which I made several of the models that they hung on it.  When they decided to close I asked if I could buy it from them, they sold it to me and gave me the models that I had stitched.  I stitched more and added them this year.  T
 
 
 




 
 
This next one is about 12" tall and I purchased it this year from Joann's Fabric( my 2nd favorite craft store, right after Hobby Lobby).  I learned how to make these pumpkins and thought it would be cute to make little ones and glue them onto the branches.  The pumpkins are about 1" and made out of cotton material and felt.  Then I stitched an owl, ghost, and black cat on perforated paper, glued a small clothespin on the back and clipped them onto the tree.

 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 


This one is one that I stitched many years ago, but has always been one of my favorites.  I stitched it when I was really into Americana designs.  It is a Curtis Boehringer design that I stitched on 10 ct Sand colored Tula using DMC.  It was so fun to stitch it.
 
 
 
Well I guess that's all for this time.  So until ........
 
May Your Guardian Angel Watch Over You
 
susieq (58.2)
 
 

No comments: