Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Sometimes non-stitching can be fun too.


This 1st one was a LK design that I really liked.  I saw a similar Merry Christmas design finished like this on Pinterest and really liked it, so when I saw this LK I knew this is how I wanted to finish it.  I finally got all my supplies together and this is the result.
 
 
 
 





I know that I had this one on the past post, but I did a little finishing up on it.  I added the trim around and the berries and leaf, along with a very small pine cone.  I think that looks much better than just plain.




 


 
 
These are little pumpkins that I made.  I am not much of a sewer, but I can do little simple things, and when I saw a tutorial on how to make these out of socks, I thought I could do it.  I bought some little children's Halloween socks, and tried them.  The 2 with the candy corn are my endeavors with the sock pumpkins.  The rest of the pumpkins are some I made out of regular cotton material I got at the quilt shop.  A friend of mine made one last year and showed me how to make them.  They really are easy, if you can cut a circle and make a running basting stitch  you can do them.


This is made by making 3 different sized circles, like the fabric pumpkins, then stacking them.  I found the eyes and nose buttons at Joann's Fabric and I made the scarf by taking yarn and braiding it(I don't knit too well).  I may have to make a few more in different sizes of these.
Well there you have it.













 Right now I am working on stitching some more Halloween ornaments for my Halloween tree. Probably the next post will be of them. So until next time...


May Your Guardian Angel Watch Over You

susieq (56.8)

No comments: