Tuesday, February 03, 2015

WELL I DID IT.....

By no means am I a seamstress, but I do some crafts as you might have guessed from my previous posts.  Yet I am limited to sewing things by hand, having a friend sew things for me, or choosing another way to finish my stitch work.(glue is wonderful)  I do have an old sewing machine that I inherited from my Mom, that is temperamental and sometimes the thread bunches up on the underside of the seam and the bobbins don't always wind smoothly(which is probably why it bunches up).  So I have been look at sewing machines every time I go into Joann's Fabric.  I just could not justify spending the money to buy one if I was only going to be using it occasionally.  Well.......I got a $100.00 gift certificate from my boss for Christmas from Joann's and decided that I was going to use it to buy my machine.  I got a Singer Basic sewing machine, with a few different stitches, but nothing fancy.  I can't wait to try it out on something.  I finished a LHN Christmas design from a JCS Ornament issue and I think that is going to be my 1st project.  When I get it finished I will take a pic and do a little show and tell.  Until then


May Your Guardian Angel Watch Over You

susieq(63.4 lbs)

3 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

cool! I look forward to seeing how it works out for you.

Tiffstitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A good basic Singer or a Brother is a good way to go! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)